Thursday, September 8, 2011

Newest News

On August 30th our home study was completely, finally, officially approved!  I have said a couple times that our home study was complete; what I meant was that our paperwork on our end was complete.  Now it is complete on their end too!  I called a couple days after the 30th to ask a question unrelated to our study.  She had said she was going to call me to let us know when it was approved (I had been calling her every Friday for 2-3 weeks.) Well, she didn't call!  Oh well.  I am glad I called.  :)  We have been assigned a caseworker now.  :)  I pray that she is nice and easy to talk with and get along with.  :)  We are not to call her for another week, but I do have her phone number if that week goes by without a call!  We should be looking at profiles fairly soon!  We hope!  I think it will be a looong process of finding our "match," but we are prepared for that.  That's why we want to get started soon!  We might have visits before Christmas, but who knows...might be next year instead. 

I am having to make some hard decisions about my work schedule and also my teaching schedule, so thanks for praying for me about that!  I just want to do what the Lord has for me.  I just need clarity on what He is asking me to do.

I have been sick this week but hoping to go to my first MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group tonight!  They said that mothers need a support group before they even have kiddos (which I agree!) so I am excited that they are so welcoming to me.  :)  If I get to go tonight, we'll be doing scrapbooking.  I'll try to bring some of my lifebook to work on that, since I don't have any kids to scrapbook.  LoL.  Maybe I'll work on Oliver's page.  :)

At home, we just finished bringing Chad's childhood toy box upstairs from the basement.  It is now in the playroom.  Our new t.v. room is the front room and it's very cozy!  I can't wait to get a cute/fun rug for the playroom.  The playroom is next to the kitchen since I spend most of my time in there, it seems!  I am always cleaning that room, ahh!  Seems like the house doesn't feel clean unless the kitchen is clean.  And the kitchen always seems to be messy.  I can't wait til everything is done so I can post pictures!  For now, it's kinda boring-looking, but progress is being made, and that's all that matters.  :)  The nursery is completely cleared out now.  We were able to fit that gigantic desk out the door.  Now we have a new "office" - a hutch for the computer in the playroom, and I have re-done our coat closet into a storage closet for our office supplies and file cabinet.  Lots of changes, but it's been fun!  Now I'm on a roll and want to organize all my Christmas stuff!  Right now it is packed/cluttered in that closet!

Well, more updates coming soon, I hope!

~ Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment